Nice Save

On Friday I met my friend E who's visiting Israel for the first time and I planned to take her to visit Nachalat Benyamin and Shuk HaCarmel in what was once the center of Tel Aviv. Howevert a combination of hostile weather and a financial crisis forced us to change our plans and head to the air conditioned space known as Dizengoff Center. After working in that shopping mall for almost two years I knew that this place attracts the weirdest and most disturbed people Tel Aviv can offer, and it's an odd bunch indeed.

Obviously E got somewhat excited seeing names like Mango, Zara and Accessorize but I couldn't blame her - her reaction was not much different than mine when I see names like Canon or HTC. We went on and visited several other shops until we reached a cosmetics shop. While E was checking some products, one of the sellers with her hair partly dyed green approached me, pointed at my camera and said in Hebrew "This camera can see everything".

Fortunately while the strange looking seller approached me, I was exchanging a few words in English with E, and in an uncommonly quick instinct I replied to her in English rather than in Hebrew, which instantly turned her from weird to apologetic, and probably prevented me from having a rather psychedelic discussion with her about the benefits of ultrasonic focusing motor in modern lenses and the lovely blue smell of tulips.

E's reaction to this was "Nice save Manuel, nice save"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Hands

Another Short Review: Shure SE215 IEM

So why do I like the iPhone 4