So is it a reviews blog now?

Well, not really. I am going to write reviews (or rather extended opinions), but they won't be detailed. Also, I am not connected to any gadgets producer or distributor, so those reviews will be written only on products that I actually own or use.

I promise to write the reviews only after using the products for at least a week. Most of the reviews are being written by professional writers, who usually have a high level of understanding in the products they write about. However, despite their credentials, they simply cannot predict production flaws and design quirks that appear only after a longer period of usage.

Another kind of review which I don't like are those who simply quote numbers, analyse components and perform synthetic benchmark tests. I'm sorry, but very often these benchmarks are irrelevant. Also, those super-technical reviews tend to exaggerate minor differences in performance, which have no influence in the everyday life. I rather have a product that works well and has better user experience, than a faster processor or a higher megapixel count.

I will try to be objective, but at times I probably won't be. I do promise not to let first impressions and technical specifications dictate my verdict. Also, I will do my best not to be cynical, but this is really too much to ask of me... Oh well. I guess it's better than nothing, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Hands

Another Short Review: Shure SE215 IEM

So why do I like the iPhone 4