Gone

And now she's gone.
Considering her condition, she did not suffer much. And when it happened, she was probably asleep, or surrounded by her family. Her mind was clear and her spirit was there even in those last weeks when things looked (and in fact were) hopeless.

She was my 2nd degree aunt, or my grandmother's brother's wife. It may sound complicated, but for me it was simple: she was more like a grandmother, and in fact she treated me this way. I even felt embarrassed taking her money after the computer lessons that I gave her, because to me she was a client, she was close family.

At past the age of 70, she decided that the best way to communicate with her family around the world was using the internet, and it was up to me to teach her - and she did. She learned how to use an internet browser and an email client, long past the age when most people simply give up trying. I'm sure it was hard for her, but she understood that in order to keep in touch with our generation, she needs to embrace its tools and way of thought.

I cannot pray for her because I lack belief, but I do hope that she will be remembered, and that some issues that sometimes happen after this kind of loss will be avoided this time. I will always remember our long visits, sitting on the swing in the back yard or watching "Giv'at Halfon Eina Ona" every independence day. I miss these days, and I will surely miss Aunt Cecilia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Hands

Another Short Review: Shure SE215 IEM

So why do I like the iPhone 4