About 2010...

I will start with my conclusion: unfortunately, I won't remember 2010 as my best year. I lost a job that I liked for reasons that I do not understand and in general it seems to me as if the progress that I was doing has stalled. Maybe I should have worked harder, maybe I should have done things differently.

But it happened, and I cannot change it. The only things I can do is to act quickly, find a new path and not to lose hope. And I should keep in my mind that my job does not define me - I just do it for the money.

So what I did like this year?
I liked traveling and I did so 3 times. Twice abroad to England and Slovenia but I also consider traveling with Eva as some sort of a trip, which happened to be in the country I live in.

I liked Massive Attack's "Heligoland" and LCD Soundsystem's "This Is Happening", as well as the Chemical Brothers' "Further", Gorillaz "Plastic Beach" and Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs". The Divine Comedy and Jamiroquai both release a so-so albums, while OK Go positively surprised me.

I liked photography and did quite a lot of it. It's true that lately I haven't done much of it but I hope to go back to it soon. Obviously there were a few photos that I liked better than others, like this one, taken on rainy day in Ljubljana.
I liked the gadgets, and I purchased quite a lot of them: a new pair of earphones, a new laptop and a monitor (okay, I received the monitor. My favorite by far is my HTC Desire phone, because for the first time I have a phone which I'm confident enough to use as a laptop replacement. I'm looking forward to trying an Android tablet soon.

It took me some time, but I made a decision to stop arguing about politics. I lost a friend this year due to political differences and almost lost another one. I obviously can't cope with these subjects, so I better leave them alone. Anyway, I'm quite sure that politicians don't care about me as much as I care about politics.

Next year will be better. I will enter it hopeful. Despair is as useful to my situation as much as water is useful for a drowning man.

Have a great year everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invisible Hands

Another Short Review: Shure SE215 IEM

So why do I like the iPhone 4